The Pride Center Ambassador Program is a student leadership initiative for LGBTQIA+ and ally students. Pride Ambassadors are student leaders who represent the Center, help plan programs and events, and welcome those who visit the Pride Center.
Currently applications are closed for Spring 2018. Check back in late March about applying for Fall 2018.
Position Description [pdf]
- Must exhibit ability to work with diverse populations through positive communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must display leadership potential, positive work ethic, and willingness to serve as a collaborative team member.
- Must currently hold and maintain a 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
- Must be in good standing with the University of Tennessee and have no previous probationary or suspension record.
- Must adhere to rules of the Pride Center, Office of Diversity and Inclusion, and University of Tennessee as outlined in The Hilltopics Student Handbook, by the Pride Ambassador advisor, and by the Director of the Pride Center.
- Pride Ambassadors shall not be a graduate student or full-time staff member
- Support Pride Center mission and vision.
- Assist with all Pride Ambassador programs, events, and initiatives.
- Meet Pride Ambassador advisor a twice per semester to discuss personal growth within the Pride Ambassador program.
- Attend all Pride Ambassador general meetings, special meetings, and training sessions.
- Support campus diversity efforts of groups including, but not limited to, Multicultural Student Life, The International House, Campus Disability Advocates, and student organizations involving diversity and/or inclusion.
- Other duties as assigned by the Pride Ambassador Advisor.
Pride Ambassadors will serve as members of a committees established by the Pride Ambassador advisor. Membership in one of the committees does not restrict the Pride Ambassadors to responsibilities/duties associated with the committee; Pride Ambassadors are all responsible for the overall well-being and success of events/programs/initiatives.
Term of Position
The general term of a Pride Ambassadors shall be one academic year.
Pride Ambassadors will be evaluated a minimum of once per academic year by the Pride Ambassador advisor. Topics discussed in the evaluation meeting will be determined by the Pride Ambassador advisor and will include a recommendation for the Pride Ambassador to continue on as a member or resign from the position. Unsatisfactory performance will be address on a case-by-case basis.
- Spring & Fall Day Retreat
- Pride Ambassador Meetings (Biweekly)
- Pride Center Events (3-5 Hours Weekly)
- Pride Ambassadors will be able to connect with current students, staff, and faculty to build a personal and professional network.
- Pride Ambassadors will be provided opportunities to make an impact within the campus community.
- Pride Ambassadors who have satisfactorily complete terms of their service as Pride Ambassadors will receive graduation cords at the Pride Center’s annual Lavender Graduation.