A partnership between the Pride Center and the Commission for LGBT People, the Qloset is a free casual clothing closet for Volunteers looking for gender-affirming clothing in a safe, non-judgmental browsing environment. While the Qloset does not have a full-time location, it is hosted in monthly pop-ups at the Pride Center in the Student Union Suite 373.
We are not accepting clothing donations at this time due to excessive inventory. Stay tuned for future opportunities to donate. Looking to pass along gently used professional clothing? Try Smokey’s Closet. Have other items needing a new home? Check out the UT Office of Sustainability’s Free Store.
Upcoming Spring 2022 Dates
- Monday, February 7 at 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Tuesday, February 8 at 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Thursday, March 3 at 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Friday, March 4 at 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Monday, April 11 at 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Tuesday, April 12 at 9:00am to 5:00pm
What Items Should I Donate?
Whether you got really into Marie Kondo or are just doing some light cleaning out, thanks for considering us as a donation spot for your clothing. While we try to accept as much clothing as we can, we are a small operation with limited storage space.
When you are going through your donations, we ask that you assess whether you are donating the clothing just to get rid of it or because it’s wearable and appealing to folks in need! We also kindly ask that you wash all items prior to donation.
- “feminine” dresses and skirts (both warm weather and cold weather)
- gender affirming clothing and accessories (chest binders, etc.)
- plus size clothing of all types for all genders (above sizes XL/sizes 14)
- gently used button-ups, flannels, and long sleeve shirts (please no decade-old free t-shirts from charity runs or bridesmaids weekends!)
- warm sweaters, coats, gloves, and other warm weather gear
Do Not Needs:
- regular/straight sized denim pants
- t-shirts/shirts (small through XL)
- business/business casual clothes (other than dresses or skirts)