Join the Pride Center and our many campus partners for a cross-campus, month-long public display of eight blocks of the AIDS Memorial Quilt from Monday, November 8 through Friday, December 3.
Wanting to help advertise? See this Google Folder for our advertising flyers and social media graphics!
We are hosting eight blocks of the quilt at five locations across campus, and each display will have walking tour materials and information about the Memorial Quilt.
- Ewing Gallery in A&A (1715 Volunteer Blvd): see Ewing Gallery hours here
- Student Union Gallery (1502 Cumberland Ave)
- McClung Museum Lobby (1327 Circle Park): open Tuesday through Saturday, 9am to 5pm
- The fourth and fifth floors of Bailey Education Complex (1122 Volunteer Blvd): open Monday through Friday, 8am – 8pm
- College of Veterinary Medicine (2407 River Drive): open Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. Follow signage to Pendergrass then follow Quilt-specific signage to the brick viewing foyer. Parking is extremely limited in this area–we recommend parking on main campus and taking the Neyland Express Bus to the Ag Campus.
Quilt Walking Tour: Wednesday, December 1
Wednesday, December 1, 2021
10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. EST
Beginning at Student Union Gallery
The walking tour is a special event open to faculty, students, and staff. The tour will involve a comfortably paced walk to visit each of four quilt panels located on the main campus. The tour will be led by a guide who is knowledgeable about the quilt and its locations on campus. The walking tour begins Student Union Gallery and will include visits to Ewing Gallery, McClung Museum Gallery, and Bailey Education Complex. The guide will provide hardcopy instructions to visit the quilt panel at the College of Veterinary Medicine on your own.
This event is hosted by the College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences’ Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Quilt Decoration Dates
We are partnering with several locations on campus to host quilt decoration as well. In addition to displaying sections of the Memorial quilt, we are designing and eventually assembling pieces of our own quilt panel to donate to the overall quilt. Stop by any of the locations below during the listed dates/times to customize your own quilt square to be added to our final design. All supplies and instructions will be provided. We are still confirming a few dates and times, but check back soon for updated information!
- Center for Student Engagement, SU 174
- Friday, November 19
- College of Law, first floor reading room in Law Library:
- Friday, November 19 from 9am – 4pm
- Ewing Gallery: during open display periods (see schedule above)
- Pride Center, SU 373
- Tuesday, November 9 from 9am – 5pm
- Monday, November 15 from 9am – 5pm
- Monday, November 29 from 9am – 5pm
- Wednesday, December 1 from 9am – 5pm
- Thursday, December 2 from 9am – 5pm
- McClung Museum lobby
- Friday, November 12 from 1pm – 4pm
- Wednesday, December 1 from 1pm – 4pm